What's this about?

The main aim of this blog is to bring together my enthusiasm for food and my love for travelling and nature. Here you'll find some of my recipes (using alternative ingredients) as well as pics of my favourite places and travels. A healthy life style is the underlying silver thread for all my posts but they are all created with a personal touch that express my outlook..take a look at my blog to find out more!

Saturday 31 October 2015

My Veggie Bowls

A warm mix of whole food is all I need in the cold nights but also perfect as packed lunch. They are messy but they are good! If you need ideas here are some of my favourite ones.



Ingredients: 
- 1 pumpkin
- 400 g baby spinach
- 1 red onion
- 200 g Aduki beans
- 100 g mixed cereals (here I used brown rice, spelt & kamut)
- black sesame.

Roast the pumpkin for 20-25 minutes at 200 C. In the meantime, make the soffritto in a pan then add the bean and low heat for 10 minutes. In a large pot, simmer the spinach for a few minutes until it's softened then blend it. Boil the cereals with a pinch of salt and finally create your bowl.

Hummus:
- 250 g chickpeas
- half lemon
- 2tbs sesame seeds
- Sumac.

Blend the chickpeas with half of their water, squeeze of lemon, sesame and salt. Add water if it's too thick. Sprinkle with Sumac.





Ingredients for 2 bowls:
- 120 g of cereal mix (I used spelt, brown rice and barley)
- 5-6 chestnut mushrooms
- 1 pack of asparagus
- 1 pack of stem broccoli
- 300 g spinach
- 1 tin of red kidney beans.












Ingredients for 2 bowls:
- 2 roasted pumpkin
-120 g buckwheat
- 300 g spinach
- 1 red onion
- 3 courgettes
- 1 tin of chickpeas.

Pan fry the chopped courgettes with the onion in the meantime cut the pumpkin and bake for 20 minutes. Add the spinach to the courgettes, cover the pan and turn off the heat. Generally, the buckwheat takes 15-20 minutes to cook. Once everything is cooked and the pumpkin is soft enough, mix all the ingredients in a bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment