What's this about?

The main aim of this blog is to bring together my enthusiasm for food and my love for travelling and nature. Here you'll find some of my recipes (using alternative ingredients) as well as pics of my favourite places and travels. A healthy life style is the underlying silver thread for all my posts but they are all created with a personal touch that express my outlook..take a look at my blog to find out more!

Thursday 20 August 2015

Cod Fillet with Long Beans Puree and homemade Hummus


Healthy, simple,nutritious and tasty, this is what I want from my dishes and this is what I got from this meal. Ingredients:
- 2 haddock fillets
- baby carrots
- long beans
- asparagus
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- lemon
- sesame seeds
- rye bread
- curly parsley.

I cooked the cod in the oven for 15 minutes at 180 C in a sauce of lemon, curly parsley and rice oil. In the meantime boil the long beans and separately the carrots and asparagus adding some salt to the boiling water. Once the long beans are soft enough drain them saving a bit of water then blend them until you have a nice and smooth puree. For the hummus you'll need to drain the chickpeas putting aside some of their water. Blend them with the water, squeeze lemon, sesame seeds and a pinch of salt. At this point, the cod should be cooked and you can add all the ingredients to the baking tray or plate you choose for the serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment