What's this about?

The main aim of this blog is to bring together my enthusiasm for food and my love for travelling and nature. Here you'll find some of my recipes (using alternative ingredients) as well as pics of my favourite places and travels. A healthy life style is the underlying silver thread for all my posts but they are all created with a personal touch that express my outlook..take a look at my blog to find out more!

Sunday 16 August 2015

Apple Crumble


Given that summer in the UK has already finished (actually it never started this year) and today is quite cold I was craving something warm that smelled of cinnamon so I decided to make this Apple Crumble, obviously my own way!
Ingredients for 4 moulds:
- 5 apples
- lemon juice
- cinnamon
- 50 g caster sugar
- 4 tbs honey
- 70 g spelt flour
- 30 g oatmeal
- 1 small avocado.


I know that the crust should be made with butter but I really don't like so I always try to substitute it with avocado. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees. Start chopping the apples and put them in a saucepan with a 2 tbs of lemon juice and a couple of spoon of caster sugar, cover the pan and low heat for 10 minutes. In the meantime place the flour, sugar, oatmeal, honey and the mash avocado in a bowl and mix with your fingertips until the mixture looks like a moist breadcrumbs. Turn off the hob and add some cinnamon to the apple, stir gently. Take 3 or 4 spoons of apples out of the saucepan and blend it until you have a smooth cream that you'll pour again into the saucepan, stir again to obtain a nice and moist apple mixture. Then pour the apple mixture into the moulds and cover it with the crumbles. Bake for 25 minutes. 


Find more sweet recipes on my "Desserts" page..

No comments:

Post a Comment