What's this about?

The main aim of this blog is to bring together my enthusiasm for food and my love for travelling and nature. Here you'll find some of my recipes (using alternative ingredients) as well as pics of my favourite places and travels. A healthy life style is the underlying silver thread for all my posts but they are all created with a personal touch that express my outlook..take a look at my blog to find out more!

Wednesday 28 October 2015

Alternative Bara Brith (Welsh cake)

Every time we go in a cafe' I'm always tempted by scrumptious carrot cakes and bara brith. Bara brith is a typical Welsh cake made with dried fruit and spices. As usual, I tried to personalise the recipe and here the results..whole food style :)


Ingredients:
- 150 g spelt flour
- 100 g plain flour
- 100 g ground nuts mix
- 150 f raisins
- 100 g dates
- 100 g agave syrup
- 1 egg
- 300 ml cinnamon tea (I used the 3 cinnamon tea by Pukka)
- lemon zest
- 2 tbs cinnamon
- baking yeast.

Soak the dried fruit in cold tea overnight (or at least for 3-4 hours). In a large bowl, mix the flour with the ground nuts then beat the egg and add the flour, syrup, lemon zest and cinnamon. Add the dried fruit then the yeast and mix well. Pour the mixture into a bread loaf and bake for 40 minutes at 180 C. For the glazing, I used some apricot jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment