What's this about?

The main aim of this blog is to bring together my enthusiasm for food and my love for travelling and nature. Here you'll find some of my recipes (using alternative ingredients) as well as pics of my favourite places and travels. A healthy life style is the underlying silver thread for all my posts but they are all created with a personal touch that express my outlook..take a look at my blog to find out more!

Sunday 4 October 2015

Vegetarian Soups

Leek & Potato



Ingredients
- 10 mini potatoes
- 6-8 leeks
- salt.

Literally 15 minutes of preparation for this comforting and warm soup. Boil the vegetables together for 10-15 minutes. Drain the water (but save a bit of it) and blend altogether. 


Carrot & Thyme 


I love soup of any kind but this is one of my favourite so far. 
Ingredients:
- 1 kg carrots
- 2 potatoes
- 2 springs thyme
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion
- chives.

Put the peeled carrots, potatoes, thyme, bay leaves and garlic in a large pot with roughly 1 L of water and bring it to boiling point for 30 minutes.  In the meantime, finely chop the onion and chives and pan-fry (low-heat) them with a couple of tbs rice oil for 10-15 minutes. Once the vegetables are cooked, take out the bay leaves and thyme and drain the water keeping a bit of it. Blend altogether and finally add the onion and chives on top of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment