What's this about?

The main aim of this blog is to bring together my enthusiasm for food and my love for travelling and nature. Here you'll find some of my recipes (using alternative ingredients) as well as pics of my favourite places and travels. A healthy life style is the underlying silver thread for all my posts but they are all created with a personal touch that express my outlook..take a look at my blog to find out more!

Monday 5 October 2015

Stuffed Squash (Vegetarian & Vegan recipe)


I love butternut squash so much that I could eat it every day! There's nothing wrong with that though :) so here is my last idea of how to cook it, to make this dish you'll need:
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 tin organic chickpeas
- 200 g chestnut mushrooms
- 10 black olives
- half avocado
- gomashio
- 70 g buckwheat.

Preheat the oven at 180-200 C. Cut the squash in a half and clean it from the seeds then put it in the oven for 15 minutes. In the meantime, low heat the chopped mushrooms with a bit of rice oil and salt for 15 minutes. Make the hummus: drain half of the water and blend the chickpeas with the remaining water, half of squeezed lemon, a pinch of salt, a tbs of rice oil and a couple of tbs of sesame seeds (if too thick add some water). After 15 minutes, take out the squash and fill it with the hummus, chopped olive and mushrooms then top it with avocado slices and sprinkle the gomashio as final touch. Bake the stuffed squash for another 20 minutes at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment