What's this about?

The main aim of this blog is to bring together my enthusiasm for food and my love for travelling and nature. Here you'll find some of my recipes (using alternative ingredients) as well as pics of my favourite places and travels. A healthy life style is the underlying silver thread for all my posts but they are all created with a personal touch that express my outlook..take a look at my blog to find out more!

Sunday 28 February 2016

Orange & Almond Cake

Craving a moist and zesty cake? Here it is!

Ingredients:
- 2 big ripen oranges
- 250 g sugar (I used Moscovado)
- 200 g  finely ground almonds
- 4 eggs.


This cake is pretty easy to make but the first step is quite time consuming. Place the oranges (do not peel them) in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to boil. Simmer for 2 hours.
When the oranges are well cooked, leave them to cool. Preheat the oven to 180C. Then chop the oranges, remove the pips and blend until you have a smooth consistency. Whisk the eggs with the sugar.  Add the almonds then fold in the orange mix and stir well. Pour the mixture into a baking tin and bake for 1 hour, 1 hour 30 minutes  (depending on the oven).

No comments:

Post a Comment