What's this about?

The main aim of this blog is to bring together my enthusiasm for food and my love for travelling and nature. Here you'll find some of my recipes (using alternative ingredients) as well as pics of my favourite places and travels. A healthy life style is the underlying silver thread for all my posts but they are all created with a personal touch that express my outlook..take a look at my blog to find out more!

Saturday 30 January 2016

Apple-Nutty Cake

Fancy a super moist, nutty and sweet treat for breakfast? This cake has all the ingredients I like most and 


Ingredients:

- 150 g grounded nuts
- 8 apples
- 12 chopped dates
- 120 g plain flour
- 120 g spelt flour
- 100 g moscovado sugar
- 3 spoons honey
- 2 tea spoons cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- baking powder.

Really simple to make. Peel and chop the apples then put them in a pan and low heat with the dates and honey for 10 minutes. In the meantime, whisk the eggs with the flour then add the sugar,and cinnamon. (If the mixture is too stiff spoon some yoghurt or milk). Then add the cold apples and dates to the mixture and the nuts as well. Stir gently and add the baking powder at the end. Bake for 50 minutes at 180 C.


No comments:

Post a Comment