What's this about?

The main aim of this blog is to bring together my enthusiasm for food and my love for travelling and nature. Here you'll find some of my recipes (using alternative ingredients) as well as pics of my favourite places and travels. A healthy life style is the underlying silver thread for all my posts but they are all created with a personal touch that express my outlook..take a look at my blog to find out more!

Tuesday 20 October 2015

Vegetarian Spinach, Ricotta & Mushrooms Lasagna


This is my version of a delicious vegetarian lasagne and for making them you need:
- 500 g of lasagne sheets (I used Barilla green ones)
- 500 g spinach
- 3 packs of chestnut mushrooms
- 500 g ricotta
- Grana Padano
- 1 L whole milk 
- nutmeg
- 100 g flour.

These lasagne requires a bit of preparation but it is worth it! The preparation can be split in different steps:
- make the (light) besciamella (without butter): low heat the milk and gradually add the flour and the nutmeg. Stir until it thickens.
- In a saucepan, cook the chopped mushrooms for 15 minutes with a pinch of salt then blend half of them and mix it with the besciamella.
- Sear the spinach for a few minutes and then mix them with the ricotta in a large bowl.
Preheat the oven at 200C. In a large baking tray, start with the besciamella+mushrooms mix then add the lasagne sheets, make the next layer with the ricotta+spinach and so on. Finish the lasagne sprinkle the top with grated Grana and mushrooms to decorate. Bake for 20- 25 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment