What's this about?

The main aim of this blog is to bring together my enthusiasm for food and my love for travelling and nature. Here you'll find some of my recipes (using alternative ingredients) as well as pics of my favourite places and travels. A healthy life style is the underlying silver thread for all my posts but they are all created with a personal touch that express my outlook..take a look at my blog to find out more!

Sunday 17 January 2016

Squash & Chickpeas Curry (Vegerian & Vegan friendly :) )



This version of a vegetarian curry is one of my favourite, the big chuck of squash and the mix of spices give a delightful texture to the dish and it is super tasty! Finding the perfect balance of spices is actually the tricky bit for me and I learnt it the hard way :) In fact, the first time that I made it I probably used a bit too much of the super strong curry powder that I got from Nepal and I barely tasted the ingredients!

Ingredients:

- half onion
- 1 butternut squash
- 250 g chickpeas
- 400 g chopped tomatoes (canned)
- curry powder
- turmeric
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 100 g spinach
- 150 g mixed cereals (I used brown rice, kamut, spelt and barley).

Finely chop the onion and cook it with a spoon of oil and a pinch of salt until soften. Meanwhile, chop the butternut squash then add it in the frying pan. After a couple of minutes add the tomatoes and a tea spoon of the spices (or more if you like spicy food). Blend half of the chickpeas with a spoon of water then add the mixture to the pan and stir gently then add the rest of the chickpeas. After 10 minutes add the coconut milk, mix altogether and low heat for another 10-15 minutes. Add the spinach leaves just before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment