What's this about?

The main aim of this blog is to bring together my enthusiasm for food and my love for travelling and nature. Here you'll find some of my recipes (using alternative ingredients) as well as pics of my favourite places and travels. A healthy life style is the underlying silver thread for all my posts but they are all created with a personal touch that express my outlook..take a look at my blog to find out more!

Saturday 26 September 2015

Autumn Flavours: Rustic Pears & Dates Cake

I'm not good at following recipes so here is my latest cake experiment: Pear & Dates Rustic Cake!

Ingredients:
- 50 g buckwheat flour
- 100 g plain flour (I used the gluten-free one)
- 5/6 tbs honey
- 1 mashed avocado 
- oatmeal milk
- 1 egg
- baking powder.

For the filling:
- handful of pitted/chopped dates
- 7/8 pears (chopped)
- cinnamon
- ground/flaked almonds.


Preheat the oven at 180/200 C. Put the chopped pear and dates into a saucepan with a couple tbs of water, add the cinnamon and leave it simmering for 20 minutes. In a bowl, beat the egg with the avocado and honey then add the flour. If the mixture is too dense, add some milk. Pour half of the mixture in a tin, make sure that it is well spread. Take half of the pears compote and pour it in the middle of it, cover with the other half of the flour mixture. Spread some almond on top and bake for 40 minutes. You can blend the other half of the pear  & dates compote and serve it on the side as a delicious moist cream. This cake will spread delicious autumn flavours all over your kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment